Monday 12 November 2012

Snowflakes and a Pencil Case Beginnings

For this week I'm following the 3 snowflake patterns that can be found in Simply Knitting's 100th issue or at their 'Making Spot' website.  I've used some show boxes, celephane and some pins to block them out.

 
There's a selection drying in pva glue as I type.  I can't wait to choose some festive ribbons and then hang them up at my windows.  Only another 19 to go!  How Christmassy am I feeling!

I'm also in the process of creating my first felted experiment.  I was given some Lithuanian 100% wool and somehow it got all tangled up.  So after looking at it for a few months, I've recently unravelled it and used a stockinette stitch (1 row knit, 1 row pearl).  It's a gorgeous colour.  The photo cannot do it justice (purples are notoriously difficult to photograph).

 
 
Once I've knitted all of the remaining wool, I'm going to place in a pillowcase and use a non-spin quick wash at 60 degree and see what happens!  If it works out, I'll be cutting it into a pencil case and stitching a nordic style design possible in white (yet to be decided upon).  I'll let you know how it goes!
 
 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment